In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the department’s senior leaders and takes direction from other designated personnel as appropriate. The Administrative Assistant follows administrative policies and procedures and works independently with minimal direction to balance priorities and workflow. The functions provided by the Administrative Assistant will span multi-institutional settings including the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and its agencies, and the University of British Columbia (UBC).
• Maintains the administrative flow of the department by performing administrative and clerical duties to effectively and efficiently meet departmental needs.
• Provides calendar management and administrative support for two busy Principal Investigators.
• Completes and submits timekeeping records, vacation entitlements and responds to related queries from departments such as Finance, Payroll and Human Resources.
• Makes travel arrangements for department members as required; booking flights, accommodation, conference registration, abstract submission and all meeting details.
• Coordinates meetings, workshops and education events by performing duties such as scheduling meetings, booking appropriate space, equipment and catering; assists speakers/visitors with hotel and travel arrangements.
• Updates cv and associated documents, for department members; assists with preparation of grant applications.
• Provides human resources related support to new departmental staff by providing information and documentation to ensure their appropriate department and Agency orientation.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized post-secondary administrative/secretarial program and three to five (3-5) years of recent related experience.
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond professionally, courteously and in a clear manner. Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills, Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings. Ability to type 60 wpm.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Admin Assistant 2” in the subject line.
Please note: This position is a Maternity leave replacement.