Working under the supervision of senior lab personnel and the Principal Investigator in Molecular Oncology.
– Collaborate with other developers to integrate these components with a data provider backend
– Test and debug resulting software and execute a software testing plan including unit tests, documenting findings for review by senior staff
– Assist with writing source code documentation and technical tutorials for end-users
CONSEQUENCE OF ERROR
Exercises professional judgment in the overall software development process. Accountable for the generation of accurate analysis tools that will have significant research progress implications.
Supervision from Principal Investigator or designate. Results reviewed weekly for achievement of overall objectives.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Degree in Computer Science (MSc or higher) is preferred. Minimum of one year experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
– 2+ years experience working in a Linux/UN IX operating system environment preferred
– Eager to learn new things and contribute to a dynamic cancer research environment
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
Familiarity with the following is an asset:
– Visualization and UI design patterns and principles
– Interfacing with back-end web services (using JSON, AJAX, REST)
– Git, Subversion, CVS or other code versioning management software
– Previous experience working/programmi ng in a bioinformatics environment with next-generation sequencing focus
To apply: Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com, please include job title in the subject line.