Research Assistant 1
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
These positions perform skilled routine laboratory work under supervision. Incumbents are trained to specific research programs and methodologies of the hiring laboratory under the direct supervision of the Department Head, Principal Investigator, or designate.
- Performs skilled routine laboratory work such as tissue preparation, specimen preparation, and tissue culture
- Maintains cell lines
- Performs computer data entry and prepares standard reports of study results
- Participates in data analysis
- Maintains and stores test materials and products
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Carries out any other related duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to completion of Grade 12, supplemented by recognized university level science courses; plus one (1) year of recent related experience in a research laboratory.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com – Please put “Research Assistant 1″ and your full name in the subject line.