In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Research Development Coordinator primarily organizes the development, writing, submission and management of grants, reports, CVs and scientific manuscripts for Molecular Oncology. The Coordinator also provides high level project management support to research project teams consisting of Senior Scientists, Post-Doctoral Fellows, graduate students and other support staff and contributes to web site maintenance and development.
- Works with Molecular Oncology investigators on an ongoing basis to determine opportunities for new initiatives, grants and projects.
- Identifies, researches and summarizes information pertaining to funding sources for grants to achieve department’s business and research objectives.
- Attendance at grant workshops and communication forums as needed to maintain information.
- Writes significant portions of grants, including lay summaries, assists with budget justifications, scientific proof reading of manuscripts, reports and other documentation in support of research activities within the department.
- Assists in maintaining and formatting investigator CV information.
- Responds to ongoing requests for regular reports by maintaining and updating information to ensure compliance with granting agencies and other external organizations.
- Maintenance of departmental website and regular content updating.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a PhD in Biomedical Science from a recognized university, plus four (4) years as a post-doctoral fellow and/or research associate or as a scientist and/or research manager in a relevant industry. Experience with grant preparation and scientific manuscript preparation is essential. Certification as a Project Management Professional would be an asset.
Strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and work independently. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and independent good judgment in the performance of duties. Demonstrated organizational, analytical and decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate in the preparation and/or presentation of research.
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please put “Research Development Coordinator” and your family name in the subject line.