The Research Intern (RI) provides assistance to the BC Cancer Agency Breast Cancer Clinical Research Program at Vancouver centre. The Breast Cancer Research Program is an academic research program conducting clinical, translational and basic research in breast cancer. The program depends on best practices in consenting and enrollment process to enable clinical studies and biobanking. The RI will have the opportunity to learn about research, patient interaction and the various vocations within healthcare settings. The RI works as part of a cohesive team. The RI works under the direction of the Principal Investigator(s) and will report to the Leader, Breast Cancer Research Program. This is a full time position.
- Patient contact (consenting, conducting interviews, collection of patient reported outcomes)
- Review patient records, research database maintenance, data entry, data analysis
- Liaises with Medical Oncologist and clinic staff
- Assist with coordination of blood work and research related appointments
- Respond to request for follow up information on consented patients
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor degree in relevant discipline.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
Demonstrated tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
Expression of interest in a health- related career and the intention to pursue further training is expected.
How to apply
Please email your resume, unofficial transcripts and a cover letter to Sogol Tahmasbi, Manager, Human Resources & Administration, Department of Molecular Oncology email@example.com